Australian Govt issued a warning against the Lockbit 2.0 ransomware
The Law Enforcement agency of Australia ACSC (The Australian Cyber Security Centre) issues a warning against the increase of Lock bit 2.0 ransomware. The attackers are targeting Australian organizations.
A report stated that there is a rapid increase in this attack in the Australian region. Victims of this attack report threats of having data stolen during the attacks leaked online in order to gain ransom.
The majority of the cases were reported in the month of July 2021, showing an instant peak rise in the cases of the lockbit 2.0 ransomware. They have observed that the hackers are successful in deploying the ransomware in the corporates of various fields like retail, food, construction, manufacturing, etc.
The agency has issued the guidelines to get safe from this ransomware:-
- enabling multifactor authentication (MFA).
- encrypting the precious data.
- backing up the data to minimize the data loss.
- patching the devices, software. From the previous Ransomware lock bit.
1. it came into existence in the year 2019 September.
2. It is started as RaaS ( Ransome as a Service )
3. it provides support to various Russian forums. The new version that is 2.0 comes with the new redesigned TOR and with various modified technologies of Automated encryption of the devices across the windows platform.